Saturday, December 31, 2016

Finishing the rear right corner

I could not resist working some more on the car.
So I did.
 And I started with some more work on the piece I started yesterday. Hammering, shrinking, bending, cutting and comparing it against the old part.
 Then some more and some welding and voilà a new part is finished.
 Next I drilled some holes and painted it for rust protection.
Then the welding started.
 After the welding was finished I did some grinding and some final shaping to get it near perfect. Then some paint was sprayed on to protect it.
 So next I started with the left corner.
 After cutting the outside part away you are able to see what damage the rust had done to the metal behind.
 I cut out the bad part  and made a new piece that fit right in.
 Welded it in place and ground the welds flush.
And then painted it.
Next time I will make the last part for this cabin.

No comments:

Post a Comment