Thursday, November 24, 2016

Making the curb

Yes. After my car was repaired I had some time left to do some tinkering.
 Before I can resume to the metal work I need to know how the lines are coming out with the door. So I installed the door and did some aligning to try to get the gaps even. For know The lines of the panels are good. Just the height opposed to the door are a little bit low. The low spots are marked and the measurements are made to correct this ones the door is removed.
 So next I installed the fender to see where my lines are and what the curb of the rest of the panel needs to bee.
The Fender was then removed and a piece of metal was shaped by hand and using the bead roller and stretcher. Then the part was tacked in place making sure that the curve follows the line of the door.
 The fender was installed again to check the gap between the panel and fender.
To close that gap I had to make some cuts and weld in some pieces of steel.
The next step will be removing the door and fender and finish weld the entire panel.

No comments:

Post a Comment