Friday, March 24, 2017

Alternator and radiator

Today I tackled the Alternator first. The belt that will go on the engine is 13 mm wide. On the alternator its only 9.5 mm wide. So I will have to make a new pulley for the alternator. I made it from a piece of steel I had laying around.
The pulley is now 2 mm wider then the one that on it and a little bit larger in diameter.
 Then I altered the radiator mount. Since the radiator is a few cm bigger than original the braces that I put in it (original) interfere with the radiator. So I brought them to the outside a few cm.
 Then I sprayed the repaired parts with some primer.
 Then I started with the running boards. I will make new ones from stainless. So I took some measurements.
 And then I fabricated  a new die set to roll in the beads.
 Then the primer was dry and I painted the frame black.

No comments:

Post a Comment