Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Primer

The day was started with taking a picture of how it is now. Not fitting.
 I mean the exhaust of the car  to the manifold.
Then a picture of how it should be.
 And then a picture that's part of the solution.
 So I made a new mount for the exhaust to the manifold. All in stainless so it will not rust. i even made a seal for the exhaust using an old (new)  seal from the manifold for a Daewoo. And it fits.
 Then I went shopping. I went to the store to pick up some primer for the car. I even got a piece of plastic to cover the chassis.
 Then I started with sanding the inside of the remaining pieces.
 As soon as they were ready i put them at there location (hung them up high) for the application of the primer.
 My shop is now covered with parts hung up ready for paint.
 Then i blow of the remaining dust. Then prepare the surface with silicon remover and prepared the paint and started painting. It took several hours to cover all the parts with primer.
Below you can see the result.

No comments:

Post a Comment