Thursday, March 23, 2017

Brackets

Today I first took all the parts that were hanging up and laid them partly in the truck bed and in the cabin.
All items that need to be painted are in there.
 While I was moving the parts and cleaning up the floor my colleagues are installing the transmission and connecting the drive train. They also asked me to make a bracket for the alternator. So I took a piece af metal milled in some small slots and we're off.
 The picture below shows the drive train in place. even the speedo gear i made yesterday.
 I then started making some brackets to hang the exhaust on. They are made from stainless.
 a picture form the alternator bracket before painting.
 The original bracket that was on the car was modified to accept the new muffler.
 I also made a stainless bracket for the rear exhaust tube.
 Here you can see the brackets I made in place. Now that all the brackets are in place I tacked the different sections together with my TIG welder.
 I removed the exhaust so i could easily weld the stainless exhaust together. From welding there is a brown black residue around the weld.
 With some acid that is removed and the welds now look clean.
 All the brackets were painted black.
 Wile the paint is drying I went to the shop and get me some rubber puffer blocks.
When I arrived back home I mounted the exhaust back in place with new bolts and the puffer blocks.
 They are looking nice.
 And finally I installed the bracket for the alternator. The top bracket has to be made as soon as the water pump is back.

No comments:

Post a Comment