Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Mounting parts

Early this morning we started with mounting the cabin on the frame. Next we mounted the inner fenders
 Next the air duct for the radiator.
 And Next the fenders

 Then we started with mounting the doors in the cabin. And the grill.
  And then the Bonnet was mounted.
 In the mean time I had some time for a bit of fitting. The lower rear corner near the door was not correct.
 And the top of the door to the roof was touching and I had to do some stretching.
 We then also mounted the bumper and the cover behind the bumper.
 Al the previous was done with the help of 2 Co-workers. So after they went home I started with cutting an other sheet of metal for the side panels of the truck bed. These 2 pieces were then layed on top of each other. With the help of the existing panel I drilled the holes and lay out the place to make the necessary cuts.
 Next I made a mold to form the edges of the panel and started with bending the for edges of the plate. This way I get the exact contour and the panels stay straight.
 This is the first bent. 3 more will follow.
And thats it for this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment